For the sake of organization, St. Simons Island is broken up into the following sections:
S1: South St. Simons Island,
S2: Mid-South St. Simons Island,
S3:Mid-North St. Simons Island
S4: North St. Simons Island
S1: South St. Simons Island
This section of St. Simons offers some of the most diverse environments for living on the Island. Home of The Village, known as the heart of the Island, this is the old commercial center with restaurants, bars and boutiques as well as a theater, library and public park spaces. The only accessible beaches on St. Simons Island are found in S1.
Some Neighborhoods and Developments Include:
- Butler Mews: High end homes on or near the Ocean. This area is highly sought after for it's proximity to the water and The Village, offering a unique lifestyle. Homes range from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000.
- Beach Club Condominiums: Ocean front development popular as investment or rental property. Offering 1,2 & 3 bedroom floorplans with prices varying depending on the views.
- Captain's Walk Condominiums: Located within walking distance to Village shops, these are upscale townhome style condominiums varying in exterior design and interior layout. With 2,3 and 4 bedroom homes, these condos vary in price based on the amount of upgrading and remodeling they have undergone.
- Coast Cottages: Newer, upscale beach development in multi-level cottages. Beautifully designed and painted in pastels, these homes lie adjacent to the Old Coast Guard Station and Coast Guard Beach. Home of the 2003 Coastal Living Ideal Home. In the past, these have been sold and offered between $1,000,000 and $2,500,000.
- East Beach: The only single family ocean front residential subdivision on the Island. Mostly developed in the 30's and 40's with small beach bungalows and cottages, some of these have been restored or upgraded over the years, while many more have been replaced completely by much larger, grand homes. Prices vary depending on location, size and upgrades completed.
- Island Club: Developed by Sea Island Company, Island Club is a gated community featuring the Retreat Golf Course with high-end homes ranging from $700's to around $1,750,000 depending on the size and style of homes, it's location in relation to the golf course, and whether or not it comes with Application Rights to Sea Island. Many homes offer membership application rights to a full or partial Sea Island Club Membership, making this one of the most sought after neighborhoods for the ultimate Golf and Island lifestyle.
- Ocean Breeze/Ocean View: An area near the Village and ocean, located on the very south end of Demere Road at Ocean Road. This area features a wide range of homes, from quaint 1940's beach cottages to brand new multi-story homes. This is a popular area for family beach vacations and rentals.
- Sandcastle: A hidden gem of a neighborhood, close to the beach and the Village located behind the south end of the airport. The most affordable single family residential neighborhood on this end of the Island.
- St. Simons Grand Condominiums: Views of the ocean and large pool area from every unit makes this condominium very popular as rental property and second homes. Three and Four bedroom units with square footage ranging from approximately 1600 to over 2000sq.ft.
S2: Mid-South St. Simons Island
Located North of Demere Road and South of Sea Island Road, this area offers a rich diversity of commercial and residential development.Some Neighborhoods and Developments Include:
- Barnes Plantation Condominiums: Offers a great location, just off Frederica, near shopping and restaurants. Various floorplans offer 1,2 and 3 bedrooms, all with screened patios or balconies. Amenities in this community include a pool, management office and fitness center.
- Brockinton Marsh, Brockinton South, Walmar Grove Condominiums: Great location on Demere Road makes this community of condominiums very popular for local residents and out-of-towners. These condos are set adjacent to each other, some with marsh frontage and views.
- Epworth Acres: Located near the entrance to the Island, this community developed around Epworth-by-the-Sea, a Methodist Church Center and Retreat. Mostly consisting of brick ranches from the late 60's and 70's, newer homes have been built. This is a solid, stable, desirable neighborhood with large lots and mature landscaping.
- Hamilton Landing: Off Sea Island Road, this gated community was developed by the Sea Island Company and features high-end homes, many with Application Rights to Sea Island Club Memberships.
- Harrison Pointe: A very popular and attractive subdivision located off Frederica Road, near The Shops at Sea Island.
- Shaw's Bounty: This is an established subdivision in an excellent location with lakes and edged by marshes. Custom built homes with mature landscaping make this a very popular neighborhood. Homes range from the $500's to over $1,000,000.
S3: Mid-North St. Simons Island
- St. Simon's Heights: An older subdivision predominantly developed in the 60's and 70's with brick ranches. Newer homes have been built over the years. Nestled back between the north east corner of Demere and Frederica Road, this area is popular for it's proximity to everything and affordability.
This area is north of Sea Island Road and consists primarily of residential development with the exception of few smaller commercial developments along Frederica just north of Sea Island Road.Some Neighborhoods and Developments Include:
- Sea Palms: An established golf subdivision developed initially in the early 70's around the original Sea Palms Golf Resort. With large lots and mature landscaping, many are located on the golf course with lagoon or marsh views.
- Glynn Haven: An affordable community just north of Sea Island Road, made of mostly small sized lots and older homes, although renovation and some new construction is on the rise in recent years.
- St Clair: An established neighborhood developed in the 60's and 70's with a lot of mature landscaping, ranch style homes and large yards.
- March Point/The Enclave: Deep in the heart of Sea Palms West, these two relatively new subdivisions are surrounded by marshes and are made up of higher-end homes.
- Bay Tree Cottages/West Lake: Set inside Sea Palms West, these are two patio home communities, one with an entry gate, set on the golf course and lagoons. These two communities offer single-family residential homes with all the convenience of a condominium lifestyle.
- The Commons at Frederica: A very popular, close-knit subdivision near the Island landmarks of Christ Church and Oglethorpe Point Elementary School.
- Simonton: A relatively new development off rapidly growing N. Harrington Road.
- Windward Point Condominium: One of the newer luxury condominium projects in the area with three and four bedroom floor plans, overlooking pool and marsh beyond. Located in the heart of Sea Palms near the Clubhouse and Golf Course.
- Fairway Villas, N. Golf Villas & The Oaks Condominium: Located on N. Windward Drive around the Sea Palms Golf Course and Clubhouse.
- Butler Plantation: High-end, multi-acre living in a gated community. Large, custom built homes averaging over 6,000sq.ft are situated on large acreages, many with private lakes and marsh views.
- Hampton Plantation/Hampton Point: Located at the northern most point of the Island, Hampton Plantation and Hampton Point offer a combination of golf course, marsh front and deep water living near the Hampton River Club Marina.
- Plantation Point & Hampton River Club Condominiums: Located at the Hampton River Club Marina, some on the river with extraordinary views. Floor plans and styles vary.