For the sake of organization, the mainland is divided into four categories:
B1: The City of Brunswick,
G1: Central Glynn County ,
G2: North Glynn County ,
G3: West Glynn County
B1: The City of Brunswick
This area of Glynn County encompasses the downtown Brunswick core where you will find the county courthouse, municipal buildings, public library, marina and riverfront areas. If you enjoy an urban, downtown feel, take a stroll along Newcastle Street to view art galleries, boutique shops, the Ritz Theatre and some wonderful local restaurants. If you are looking for loft space in Brunswick, the downtown core would be your best bet as many of the old buildings are being rehabilitated and renovated and many residential lofts are becoming available.
Some Neighborhoods Include:
- Eastview: Adjacent to the Goodyear Park area close to the college, hospital and the Glynn County stadium
- Goodyear Park: Near the hospital, community college and elementary school of US 17
- Habersham Park: Established community on the south end of Brunswick along US 17
- New Town: Community of older homes North of Gloucester, mixed with commercial areas and close to downtown business district
- Old Town: Located south of Gloucester, this area combines historic Victorian homes with homes built in the early 30's to 60's. Close to schools, government offices and all other commercial areas. Homes vary in price due to differences in age, style and level of renovation.
- Riverside: Waterfront on the Back River facing St. Simons Island. A wonderful neighborhood with deep water lots, luxury homes and a community dock.
G1: Central Glynn County
- Windsor Park: Established neighborhood between US17 and Old Town. Larger lots and quiet wooded streets and it's proximity to downtown business and US17 make this a popular area.
Central Glynn encompasses a large area just outside of Brunswick proper going north on US17 up to Chapel Crossing Rd, just south of FLETC and west towards I-95. This is a diverse residential and commercial area, home to the local area hospital, and to more recent commercial development such as car dealerships and large national chains like Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Staples, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Lowes, PetSmart and Office Depot.Some Neighborhoods Include:
- Bel Air: Located near Spur 25 by I-95 and close to everything, this area is home to moderate homes built as recently as the late 90's and as old as the 50's. Various home styles are found here, but ranch styles are predominant
- Belle Point: A subdivision located off US 17 North near the Brunswick Country Club and adjacent to the marsh. Widely varying homes sizes and styles, with some homes on the marsh create a very wide array of home prices.
- Beverly Shores/Country Club Heights: Mostly built in the 1960's, this area is located between US17 North and Altama Avenue north of Spur 25. Conveniently located to shopping, office parks and FELTC, there have been several new construction in this area raising average home prices.
- Culligan's Landing: Newer subdivision near Beverly Shores and Country Club Heights built around 2001.
- Cypress Run: Located off Old Cypress Mill Road and close to everything, this subdivision is one of a few of its kind in Glynn County. Made up of duplexes, these homes are full size, individual residences, varying in size, attached on one side to another home just like it. Many have lake views.
- Ellis Point: Small neighborhood tucked between Route 303 and 341 in the western part of this region. An older, established neighborhood developed in the 1950's through the 1980's.
- Lakewood: Community of homes developed in the late 80's and 90's near Cypress Mill Road and Spur 25. Many with lake views.
G2: North Glynn
North Glynn County is one of the most rapidly developing areas in the country. Home of FLETC, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, there are many new subdivisions being developed along FLETC's north end. New elementary and middle schools have opened in this area as well. Accessibility to FLETC, I-95 and other commercial and business districts have made this area extremely popular over the last few years.Some Neighborhoods Include:
- Cate's Bounty: Located off Cate Road on the west side of I-95, this small subdivision is near the local elementary school and convenient to the highway and business centers. Most homes were developed in the late 1990's.
- Country Walk: One of the many subdivisions found on Harry Driggers Boulevard near the new elementary and middle schools.
- Deerfield Station: Off US17 North, this subdivision was developed mostly in the 1980's. Near FLETC, with nice sized lots, affordable and convenient.
- Eagle Crest: Great subdivision off Harry Driggers Boulevard near FLETC entrance, featuring large three to four bedroom homes, some with lake views.
- Huntington Lake: Fairly new subdivision on west side of I-95 off Cate Road. Upper-moderate homes developed around a lake.
- Marshes of Mackay: Older, established subdivision with large home sites. Built mainly in the 1980's and 1990's with some older and newer homes, this is a popular neighborhood due to the large yards, mature landscaping and location.
- Nottinghill: Great FLETC location, off the Glynco Parkway and near I-95. Built over the past few years with good size home sites and a beautiful lake. Prices vary depending on age, size and location.
G3: West Glynn
- Oak Grove Island: One of the most prestigious new subdivisions/golf course developments in Glynn County. Located off Hwy 341 west of Exit 36 of I-95, this gated community features luxury homes located on interior lots, golf courses and marsh. This community also features a club house and community dock.
West Glynn County is another rapidly growing area of our community -new development continues to spread farther and farther from the central city. This area encompasses most of Glynn county south of the South Brunswick and Turtle Rivers. While there is not much commercial development on this side of Glynn County, residential development is growing, with business development likely to follow.Some Neighborhoods Include:
- Blythe Island: Located on the Turtle River with deep water access, this is a hidden, often overlooked, area of our community. Blythe Island offers deep water access or marsh views without the high prices of St. Simons Island or Oak Grove Island.
- Cameron: This subdivision is made up of moderate homes within the Blythe Island community built in the late 1990's.
- Cinder Hill: Located south on US17 west of Exit 29 off I-95, this newer subdivision features large, upper-end homes on good sized lots. Conveniently located near a new elementary school.
- Drake's Landing: Another newer subdivision, located off US17 South and Buckswamp Road in an area experiencing a great amount of new development. Featuring large, upscale homes.
- Fancy Bluff: Located just east of I-95 off US17 South. Older, established neighborhood with homes built from the late 1950's to as recently as 2001. Some homes are located on the Fancy Bluff Creek and on the marsh with beautiful views. Prices vary depending on location, size, age, level of renovation and updating.
- Royal Oaks: Located on the Satilla River, east of I-95 on US17 South and begun in the late 90's, this neighborhood features homes on interior lots, marsh and deep water and has a community dock.
- Somersby Pointe: This subdivision is situated off US17 South west of I-95 and offers a walkway to the Satilla Marsh Elementary School.
- Willow Creek: This subdivision is located across from Satilla Marsh Elementary School near Somersby Pointe subdivision.